11 Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum Inventor
(09) The blockchain pioneer is developing a solution for privacy in the crypto world.
12 Holly Herndon, AI musician
(NEW) The American musician is considered one of the pioneers of AI art.
13 Ólafur Elíasson, Artist
(Re-Entry) Deals with ecology in a visionary way, most recently in the show “Life.”
14 Jane Fonda, Actress
(Re-Entry) Fights for climate protection and against cancer, at 85 more popular than ever.
15 Alexei Nawalny, Russian opposition politician
(1) In a Russian prison camp for two years for a cause bigger than himself.
16 Richard Branson, Entrepreneur
(7) Takes us to space with Virgin Galactic, to destination at 1,200 mph with Hyperloop.
17 Bjarke Ingels, Architect
(43) Designs the most important buildings of our time, from Google HQ to Smithsonian.
18 Harry Styles, Singer
(NEW) Thrills millions with his music and styling. A gifted musician.
19 Hito Steyerl, Video artist
(39) Strikes a chord with her films and installations. Celebrated in Seoul.
20 Zendaya, Actress
(NEW) Played for Disney, in “Greatest Showman” and “Spider-Man.” Idol of the youth.
21 Asmik Grigorian, Opera singer
(Re-Entry) Brilliant in Jenůfa and Norma, also brings young generation to opera. Iconic.
22 Eckhart Tolle, Best-selling author and spiritual leader
(42) Inspires not only Jim Carrey but millions worldwide as a spiritual teacher.
23 Lina Ghotmeh, Architect
(NEW) Fascinates with Estonian National Museum and Hermès leather workshops. Visionary.
24 Amoako Boafo, Ghanaian painter
(16) Gives new self-confidence to people of black skin color through his paintings.
25 Greta Thunberg, Activist
(87) Demonstrated in Lützerath and was arrested, still important climate pioneer.
26 Sanna Marin, Prime Minister of Finland
(17) Youngest head of government in Finland, faces re-election in April. Strong woman.
27 Renzo Rosso, DIESEL Founder
(24) Created a global brand with DIESEL, revives Maison Margiela with Galliano.
28 Amanda Gorman, Writer
(3) Addressed feminism and oppression in her work, became a mouthpiece of her time.
29 David Letterman, TV host
(NEW) Interviews Selenskyj, U2, Obama with “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction…” on Netflix. Best talk show worldwide.
30 Shirin Neshat, Artist
(Re-Entry) Iran’s most important artist, advocates for women’s rights and freedom from exile.
31 Gaetano Pesce, Designer
(NEW) Italian architecture and design legend, designed art for Bottega Veneta show.
32 MJ Rodriguez, Actress
(NEW) Won Golden Globe as first transgender actress. Trailblazer.
33 Theaster Gates, Artist
(35) Legendary artist, first major museum exhibition at the New Museum, New York.
34 George Clooney, Actor and human rights activist
(Re-Entry) Advocates for human rights with wife Amal and the Clooney Foundation. Role model.
35 David Chipperfield, Architect
(NEW) Builds largest art museum in Eastern Europe with Lah Contemporary in Bled, Slovenia.
36 Giuliano Calza, Fashion designer
(NEW) New generation in fashion design, founded GCDS label. Beyoncé, Hadid & co. love it.
37 Jacinda Ardern, Former Prime Minister of New Zealand
(8) Led New Zealand brilliantly for five years, stepped down just as confidently. That’s leadership.
38 Lady Gaga, Singer
(92) Thrilled as Gucci wife, stars alongside Joaquin Phoenix in new “Joker.” Multi-talented.
39 Tyler Perry, Film producer
(Re-Entry) Most important entertainment mogul in the USA. Tubman Museum dedicates major exhibit to him. Inspires millions to make their dreams come true and follow his lead.
40 Chloé Zhao, Director
(73) “Nomadland” director draws eye to drama and poetry in warmest way.